CBRE surveyed over 100 of the largest logistics occupiers in Europe to gain insights on their expansion plans, current challenges, location and building preferences and the impact of COVID-19 on their real estate strategies.
- Logistics occupiers are prioritising expansion in countries with higher expected e-commerce growth
- They are willing to explore non-traditional locations
- Urban logistics is becoming a high priority
- Labour costs and availability remain vitally important when selecting a location
- COVID-19 will continue to generate additional demand for warehousing space
- Flexible lease terms and lease costs are increasingly important
- Environmental implications are still a lower priority for logistics occupiers