- CBRE, global and national leader in the real estate consulting market, has extended its local management team by promoting Andrei Jerca as Head of Industrial Services for CBRE Romania. From this position, Andrei will coordinate, together with the industrial team from Bucharest and Timisoara, the development of real estate services for tenants, developers and investors.
"CBRE experts are the basis of the experience architecture we provide to our customers. The excellency of the people behind our services is essential for CBRE. That’s why, first of all, we want to grow organically, promoting colleagues who perform, as well as to attract new, valuable people, who have the necessary abilities to create a difference in the real estate market,” explained Alexandra Baciu, Head of HR (People), CBRE Romania.
Andrei Jerca, who was recently promoted as Head of Industrial Services, has over 10 years experience in the industrial space market and specializes in both development and rental, as well as in management and sale of industrial properties. Andrei joined CBRE Romania team at the beginning of 2017 and during the last years was involved in the assistance of major rental transactions and sale & lease back (process by which a property is sold and subsequently rented by the seller) for top companies in the industrial sector. Prior to CBRE, Andrei was in charge of asset management for the projects of the P3 industrial developer and the Europolis investment fund, subsequently acquired by CA Immo.
“The market of industrial spaces in Romania is going through a process of transformation and consolidation. After we noticed an increased appetite from several players interested in entering the local market in 2019, we expect that throughout 2020 we will witness an intensification of the competition, both by the emergence of new developers, as well as through important investment transactions, especially of sale & lease back type. Bucharest and the West of the country remain the most dynamic markets in terms of projects already under development”, stated Andrei Jerca, Head of Industrial Services, CBRE Romania.
CBRE Romania covers the western area of the country through a team dedicated to the industrial sector, coordinated from Timisoara by Mădălin Aresmerițoaie, Senior Advisor, Industrial Services. Regarding the volume of expected deliveries, according to CBRE Research data, in the next 18-24 months a new total area of approximately one million square meters of industrial space will be added to the current stock of 4 million square meters.
"We noticed a high interest for several secondary or even tertiary cities that have high potential for development: Craiova, Constanța, Târgu Mureș, Iași, Bacău și Bistrița. We expect these cities to attract investments of at least 150 million euros in the industrial sector, in the next two years”, added Andrei Jerca.
Of the total modern stock of 4 million square meters of industrial spaces, a total area of 55 percent is in the regional cities. Bucharest holds the rest of 45 percent, thus remaining, with almost half of the total stock, the most desired area in Romania by the developers of industrial spaces.